Top Tips for Staying Cool during the Heatwave
Here are our Top 10 Tips to Help you Keep Cool all Summer Long
1. Wear loose fitting clothing, preferably of a light colour. Cotton clothing will keep you cooler than many synthetics.
2. Fill a spray bottle with water and keep it in the refrigerator for a quick refreshing spray to your face after being outdoors.
3. Fans can help circulate air and make you feel cooler.
4. Try storing lotions or cosmetic toners in the refrigerator to use on hot, overtired feet.
5. Keep plastic bottles of water in the freezer, grab one when you’re ready to go outside so as the ice melts you’ll have a supply of cold water with you.
6. Take frequent baths or shower with cool or tepid water.
7. Combat dehydration by drinking plenty of water along with sports drinks.
8. Avoid caffeine and alcohol as these will increase dehydration.
9. Instead of hot foods, try lighter summer bites including frequent small meals or snacks containing cold fruit or low fat dairy products. As an added benefit, you won’t have to cook next to a hot stove.
10. Use your common sense, if the heat is intolerable, stay indoors when you can and avoid activities in direct sunlight.