Need Work Doing Around The House?
We now provide Tree-Felling, Pesticide Spraying and Fence Painting.
Call us now on 0161 793 9419
Want reliable workers?
If so, you need Salford City Council's handypersons scheme, run by Helping Hands minor repair service.
If you are on a means tested benefit or have a disability, you may be eligible for FREE minor home repairs or building maintenance work done at a discounted rate.
Helping Hands was established in 1998 and originally covered a small part of Salford. In 2006 Helping Hands were successful in bidding to Salford City Council to offer its services to the whole of Salford. We are a not for profit community business, working for the benefit of Salford people.
All staff are Criminal Records Bureau Checked (CRB), carry ID cards and turn up in fully marked Helping Hands Vehicles.
Some examples of FREE works:
- Supply and fitting Energy saving light bulbs, even changing a light bulb if needed
- Supplying a box of grit and scoop in preparation for winter to prevent slips and falls
- Supply and fitting hand/grab rails for disabled
- Supply and fitting security lights to your home
- Supply and fitting anti climb prikka strip to fences to prevent people climbing over
- Supply and fitting smoke alarms (fire service approved, 10 year life span)
- Supply and fitting carbon monoxide alarms
- Cleaning out and repair of guttering
- Sorting out overgrown gardens
If you are on a means tested benefit or have a disability there are also other types of minor building work we may be able to carry out FREE of charge, just ring our friendly office staff and ask for more details.
We can also carry out any work to any private property at very competitive rates, including Gardening maintenance and a painting and decorating service.
Other work we cover includes:
- Handy jobs (such as changing curtains, mending/replacing curtain poles and fitting curtain rails)
- Joinery and all types of DIY
- Exterior work (such as painting, repairs to fencing and gates)
- Jet washing paths
- We can even build your flat-pack furniture!
As from the 1st April 2008 Helping Hands Minor Repair Service has secured a three year contract with Greater Manchester Fire Service to offer all Salford residents a FREE Home Fire Safety Check.
This includes fitting the new 10 year lifespan fire service approved smoke detectors, we will also remove/replace any old detectors with the new ones.
This a FREE service open to ALL Salford residents.
Anyone wanting this service can contact our office on 0161 793 9419 or they can email there details to email@example.com
If family, friends or neighbours can’t help you this winter, Helping Hands and Age UK Salford can. We’ll help you keep warm and well with free practical help, advice and support.
TREE FELLING service
Helping Hands now offers a TREE FELLING service. Our staff are trained and qualified in Tree Felling and Chainsaw usage. Call 0161 793 9419 to get your FREE quote.
FREE Home Fire Safety checks
Helping Hands wins National foundations Handypersons service of the Year 2011
Helping Hands Minor repairs service was nominated for the award by the Commissioning and Projects team based within Salford City Council the company will be attending a presentation ceremony on Thursday 23 June 2011, at the House of Lords with some of their service users and Salford MP, Hazel Blears!
Helping Hands wins Community Award!
Helping Hands, were winners of the Community Award sponsored by Central Salford URC. more...
Winners of the 2010 Salford Business Community Award
Finalists of the 2011 Salford Business Awards
Winners of the 2011 handyperson Service of The Year Award
Members of the Guild of Master Craftsmen since 2007