Need Work Doing Around The House?
Want reliable workers?
If so, you need Salford City Council’s handypersons scheme, run by Helping Hands minor repair service.
If you are on a means tested benefit or have a disability, you may be eligible for FREE minor home repairs or building maintenance work done at a discounted rate.
Helping Hands was established in 1998 and originally covered a small part of Salford. In 2006 Helping Hands were successful in bidding to Salford City Council to offer its services to the whole of Salford. We are a not for profit community business, working for the benefit of Salford people.
All staff are Criminal Records Bureau Checked (CRB), carry ID cards and turn up in fully marked Helping Hands Vehicles.
We now provide Tree-Felling, Pesticide Spraying and Fence Painting.
Call us now on 0161 793 9419
Some examples of FREE works:
- Supply and fitting Energy saving light bulbs, even changing a light bulb if needed
- Supplying a box of grit and scoop in preparation for winter to prevent slips and falls
- Supply and fitting hand/grab rails for disabled
- Supply and fitting security lights to your home
- Supply and fitting anti climb prikka strip to fences to prevent people climbing over
- Supply and fitting carbon monoxide alarms
- Cleaning out and repair of guttering
- Sorting out overgrown gardens
If you are on a means tested benefit or have a disability there are also other types of minor building work we may be able to carry out FREE of charge, just ring our friendly office staff and ask for more details.
We can also carry out any work to any private property at very competitive rates, including Gardening maintenance and a painting and decorating service.